[Mediawiki-l] No access to image description

a. cremer albert.cremer at online.de
Fri Jun 15 17:56:08 UTC 2007

Hi,
It is not a problem with special characters.
I first encounterd some problems when the FTP program I used converted all
filenames into lower case but it seems to be a question of filesize.

The images are accesible and it is possible to display thumbs of them. But
it is not possible to order them into categories or to add a description.

Regards
Albert Cremer

"Florian Käutner" <florian.kaeutner at googlemail.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:5ac482150706141335nba6b55k2bd6bdd1d104b178 at mail.gmail.com...
Hi Albert,

On 6/14/07, a. cremer
<albert.cremer at online.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I moved a wiki from a windows platform to a linux system and most things
> worked fine.
> (...)
> When I try to open the description page in the file list
> (Special:imagelist)
> there is just a blank page with nothing to edit whereas the same procedure
> works with smaller size images.
>
> Although the description page delivers no results the file view still
> works.

Is it with all images or just with images having special characters in their
names? I once had problems with character encoding while porting from Linux
to Windows (and back) and wiki images have vanished.... although their files
are still in the file system.

Florian Käutner