[Mediawiki-l] Setting user preferences at global level

Lane, Ryan Ryan.Lane at ocean.navo.navy.mil
Thu Jun 14 14:35:52 UTC 2007

> Our wiki is running over the intranet. Authentication is done
> via LDAp plugin.
> How can we set the preferences for all users at one go- like
> "Add pages I create to my watchlist", "Email me when pages in
> my watchlist changes", etc. to true for all users at one go?

Can't do this with the plugin (currently). Maybe there is a way to do
this through other means? You may be able to modify the plugin, adding
the settings you want into initUser, and updateUser methods.

> Also I want to treat all emailids as verified, without the
> verification process. How can that be achieved?

Turn off email verification (don't remember the exact MediaWiki option),
and set:

	$wgLDAPRetrievePrefs = array("domain"=>true)

V/r,

Ryan Lane