[Mediawiki-l] AD/Site Minder Integration and Wiki/Blogs

Lane, Ryan Ryan.Lane at ocean.navo.navy.mil
Thu Jun 14 14:20:48 UTC 2007

> 1.	Does MediaWike integrate with AD and/or SiteMinder.  I found a
> little information on the WEB site on AD but I wanted to
> check and also see if people have done it.  Also how
> difficult it is to do.  I've spoke with several people that
> just use the internal logon.

The LDAP Authentication plugin
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAP_Authentication) supports
Active Directory (AD).

Depending on how knowledgable you are with AD, it can be easy or very
hard. Follow the configuration examples
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAP_Authentication/Configurati
on_Examples), and take a look at some of the user provided documentation
about using SSL with AD
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAP_Authentication#Trusting_se
lf-signed_SSL_certificates - look at the links at the end of that
section).

You may want to talk to your AD admin about this before you get started.

V/r,

Ryan Lane