[Mediawiki-l] Setting user preferences at global level

Paul Coghlan pcoghlan at usa.net
Thu Jun 14 14:03:13 UTC 2007

Jack

I use PHPMyAdmin too and can see the BLOB details.

Use something like:

SELECT user_options from user WHERE user_id=1;

Just export the result to CSV and you will see the values.

Fastest way to get all the values in there, I think, is to save each page in
Special:Preferences. This will write default values into user_options from
where you can analyze them and decide upon the values you want.

You have to remember that what I am doing in the database in atypical and
that the norm is to let the users use Special:Preferences.

Paul