[Mediawiki-l] Large scale MW installations on Windows?

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Thu Jun 14 12:03:50 UTC 2007

> George wrote: Does anyone have
> largescale, many-separate-MW-wiki
> experience on Windows servers?

Hey, George,

Tell us more, George.  What's "largescale" mean to you?  MySQL can be
configured to handle any imaginable number of simultaneous users, there
are accelerators to cache static PHP pages, and many vendors build
Wintel boxes that can handle thousands of transactions per second (HP
has a MySQL-specific report on that -
http://h71019.www7.hp.com/ActiveAnswers/cache/392607-0-0-225-121.html?ju
mpid=reg_R1002_USEN ).

I use Windows/Apache/MySQL/PHP/MediaWiki.  There are also setups for IIS
instead of Apache.  Tell us more, more, more, and we can help you more,
more, more!  Does
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Support_desk#How_to_create_a_new_M
ediaWiki_install.2C_a_new_MediaWiki_project_page have some generalized
overview links that help you?

FINALLY something I'm an expert on (geesh!).  =8^o

-- Peter Blaise

PS - Ya know, for the least 30 years, I've found that all I need to be
is 15 minutes ahead of my customer in reading the owner's manuals in
order to be a successful consults.  ;-)  I'm only slightly kidding.  One
of my points is, that keeps me tethered to the customer's needs, and
prevents me from wandering off into useless things customers don't; need
and I can't market, like taking endless Microsoft+# courses or Novell
certificate training!