[Mediawiki-l] Display only Wiki Images

Dave Sigafoos davesigafoos at sanmar.com
Tue Jun 12 14:50:29 UTC 2007

I have not found any way to do this and archive messages make me sure it
is not currently possible.

We would like to be able to have images on our pages using the
SquareBrackets [] but with out any linking being done.  Meaning
currently if the user clicks on it they get sent to the Image Page.
They get there and have no idea what they are seeing or why they were
sent there.  Let's face it users are .. well .. clickers.

Would it be possible to have an property on the image that when MW is
building the page will not build a link to the image.

I guess it would be possible to use an external link instead of the []
but the fewer hard coded links the better things are

Would this be something to add to the Zilla as a request?  And would the
developers think about it?

Thanks

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation