[Mediawiki-l] How to add sub-pages of "special:nnnpages" to navigation bar?

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Tue Jun 12 09:37:51 UTC 2007

Peter Blaise says: After searching for a solution (MediaWiki.org and
Google) and not finding one, I thought I'd explore this myself.  I can
add special:allpages to the navigation menu, but I can't add any of the
sub-pages that any user can select from within special:allpages, such as
all talk pages and so on.  It seems that special:allpages brings all
pages only in the namespece = 0, but if I want to just see talk pages,
and that's namespace = 1, how would I add a link to that in the
navigation menu?

I tried much iteration of the following:
With a space on either side of the | (pipe character)
-
http://our-wiki-url/mediawiki/index.php?title=Special%3AAllpages&from=&n
amespace=1 | Discussion/talk index

Without space at the | (pipe character)
-
http://our-wiki-url/mediawiki/index.php?title=Special%3AAllpages&from=&n
amespace=1|Discussion/talk index

With single [ ] (single brackets)
-
[http://our-wiki-url/mediawiki/index.php?title=Special%3AAllpages&from=&
namespace=1 | Discussion/talk index]

With double [[ ]] (double brackets)
-
[[http://our-wiki-url/mediawiki/index.php?title=Special%3AAllpages&from=
&namespace=1 | Discussion/talk index]]

With internal abbreviation:
- Special:Allpages&from=&namespace=1

... and so on, for many more tries, combinations of the above, and all
it results in is either NOT showing up in the navigation menu, or
showing up but linking to
http://our-wiki-url/mediawiki/index.php/INVALID-TITLE

Argh! HELP! How can I permit a visitor to see, for instance, all "talk"
pages in one step?
I want it to look like this, AND work:

navigation
- Main Page
- Community portal
- Current events
- Recent changes
- Random page
- Help
- Tell us what you think
- Article index
- Discussion/talk index

All links in the navigation menu above work EXCEPT the "Discussion/talk
index" link which just brings up

http://our-wiki-url/mediawiki/index.php/INVALID-TITLE

Thanks! -- Peter Blaise peterblaise 19:59, 8 June 2007 (UTC)

Retrieved from
"http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual_talk:Navigation_bar"