[Mediawiki-l] Time to dump the old site

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sun Jun 10 15:54:57 UTC 2007

> From: Mike <xclbur5150 at yahoo.com>
>
> I have an old website which was written in MS Frontpage, and I
> created the wiki inside the main directory, and made a link to it
> from the home page.  Now that I have the wiki, the old site is
> pointless.  How would I go about removing the old site and setting
> the wiki as the home page?

Re-direct your home page to your wiki home using HTML. Here's
index.php from http://www.EcoReality.org , for example. You may be
able to use this verbatim.

	<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=/wiki">

:::: God told me to strike at Al Qaeda and I struck them. And then
he  instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did. With the might of
God on our side we will triumph. -- George W. Bush
:::: I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the
Almighty Creator. -- Adolf Hitler
:::: Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal. --
Dr. Martin Luther King
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>