[Mediawiki-l] Extension manager

Michael Daly michaeldaly at kayakwiki.org
Sat Jun 9 21:54:03 UTC 2007

Jan Steinman wrote:

> How about a single line in LocalSettings.php that includes a "don't
> touch me" file that is maintained only via the ExtensionManager?

Rather than mucking about excessively with LocalSettings.php and global
variables, consider using a more object-oriented approach and taking
advantage of Wiki.php.  It's there to help eliminate globals but isn't
used much yet.  If ExtensionManager is a proper class, you could have
Wiki.php instantiate a singleton and have it handle _all_ extension
stuff (including burying things like $wgAutoloadClasses, $wgSpecialPages
and $wgHooks handling for extensions) as well.

Mike