[Mediawiki-l] Which Group Based Access Control Extension?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Jun 8 01:11:23 UTC 2007

Hello All,

Which extensions are considered by MediaWiki authors to properly implement
group/role based access control?

Is the LDAP Authentication plugin the role model (no punn intended :-)
for this?

I'm the author of the Plexcel plugin for AD Kerberos SPNEGO SSO
authentication:

  http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Plexcel

I'm starting to get requests for access control. We have a
plexcel_is_member_of function that can check Windows group membership
very quickly so I'm thinking it should be relatively simple to add this
functionality. But I don't want to just hack something together. Is
there any infrastructure for implementing group/role based access control?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael B Allen