[Mediawiki-l] Broken internal article links

Andrew McConnell andrew.mcconnell at sungard.com
Fri Jun 1 19:22:55 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have an odd situation that occurs randomly when articles are presented
in Mediawiki 1.9.1

Sometimes wikitext like [[Some article]] results in a link to
http://mywiki.domain.com/wiki/index.php/Some_article and sometimes the
resulting link is http://mywiki.domain.com/index.php/Some_article (one
includes the directory /wiki and one does not).  In my configuration, the
first one -- with the directory -- is the one that works.

I can't find any pattern around when it happens.  It doesn't seem to be
related to an individual article, user, browser, IP address, etc.  It's
just a random occurrence but it seems to be happening more frequently
lately.

My relevant Apache rewriting config is below as is an excerpt from
LocalSettings.php.

== From the <VirtualHost> configuration ==

    <Directory /var/www/html/wiki>
        Options FollowSymLinks
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /index.php?title=$1 [L,QSA]
    </Directory>

== From LocalSettings.php ===

$wgSitename         = "Wiki";

$wgScriptPath       = "/wiki";
$wgScript           = "$wgScriptPath/index.php";
$wgRedirectScript   = "$wgScriptPath/redirect.php";

$wgArticlePath      = "$wgScript/$1";

Anybody ever encounter this?  Thanks in advance.

-Andrew