[Mediawiki-l] Use Special:UserLogin as Main Page

Jason Spirko jspirko at xorantech.com
Tue Jul 31 20:46:43 UTC 2007

Rob:

I have taken the two files you provided, renamed them and placed them in the
following directory:

	./includes/SpecialMain.page.php
	./includes/SpecialMain.php

I have changed Mediawiki:Mainpage to point to Special:Main. I have not
changed my main page, so it is the default title "Main Page". When I try to
access a page anonymously, I am presented with a message stating:

	Login Required:
	You must log in to view other pages.

Can they be sent directly to the login page if they are not logged in?

Sorry for so many questions, I am very new to all this.

Thanks.

Jason Spirko
Systems Administrator
Xoran Technologies Inc.