[Mediawiki-l] shared user database

Una una at att.net
Mon Jul 30 20:20:51 UTC 2007

Dantman wrote:
>Resending this because it doesn't appear to have reached the archive.

FYI, I didn't see an earlier version on the list nor on the newsgroup
(via gmane gateway).

>Not theory, practice ^_^.
>http://central.wiki-tools.com <-- Main Wiki
>http://cabal.wiki-tools.com <-- Cabal Wiki (Pardon the Name)

Well, not being shy, I created an account for myself on central and
logged in, then opened a browser window to cabal.  On cabal I appear
to be logged in (but I cannot log in) and I appear to have a user
page, a user talk page, etc.  But trying to view the user talk page,
I get this:

Permission error
The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the groups staff, cabal.

If I use a shared user database, will someone (a sysop or bureaucrat)
have to do user registrations for the users?  Currently, most of my
users do this for themselves.

	Una