[Mediawiki-l] shared user database

Una una at att.net
Mon Jul 30 20:06:21 UTC 2007

Brion Vibber wrote:
>Yep, that'll be the one.

Thanks.

>                  User groups (and thus rights assignments) are
>separate in each database, so you can manually put users into a
>privileged group to get read access on the other one.

Something I am not getting is how many databases are involved.  If
I have 2 databases and a database for shared users, is that 3, or
2 (one of which contains the user registration info)?

I am also not clear how much trying it out I can do without making
a big mess.  Any words of wisdom about that?

Thanks,

	Una