[Mediawiki-l] Tweaking what shows up in categories

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Sun Jul 29 19:13:13 UTC 2007

On our wiki we have clusters of pages with subtopics related to
specific genes, and an "On one page" that transcludes each of the
subtopic pages.  This is based on the idea that some users prefer
clicking to get around, while others prefer scrolling.

What I'm struggling with is how to handle the Categories in these.
The subpages have categories, and in general I was thinking of
wrapping these in <noinclude> to keep the On one page from
duplicating the entry on each affected Category page.  But I'd like
for the Category links to show up at the bottom of On on page.

  I could hack the Category page (esp. since I'm already using my
hacked Category page extension) to exclude them from the sql query
that builds the categories.  Anyone have any alternative ideas?

Jim Hu
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics
2128 TAMU