[Mediawiki-l] before I release TableEdit 0.7

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Sat Jul 28 21:34:27 UTC 2007

I have a couple of questions before I do the next release of the
TableEdit extension/special page
1) In the TableEdit extension, the table data is stored in an
external mysql database.  I had been hard-coding the name of this
database into the extension to avoid creating a global variable that
the user would put in LocalSettings.  But it seems like that was a
bad idea, especially if one wants two instances on the same mysql
server... which I discovered I do want.

So, is there a recommendation for how to do this?  Right now, the
global is just $wikibox_db (the old name turned into a variable).
Should it get a $wg prefix?  I just want to make sure my extension
plays well with others.

2) I'm not sure what I did, but I could have sworn that MW sent me
back to the Special page if I log in from the special page.  But now
it's sending me back to the page that called the special page...
which is not necessarily a bad thing in this case, but I don't get
why it's doing that.

Thanks in advance, as usual for any input.
Jim Hu
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics
2128 TAMU