[Mediawiki-l] thumbnail-problem

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 12:49:59 UTC 2007

On 23/07/07, Tim Rosenthal <hessentotal at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey,
> i've been using mediawiki for about 4months, and i never had a single
> problem.
> yesterday i tried to resize a picture by using the following command : "
> [[image: test.jpg |thumb|right|200px|test]] " but it didnt work....
> the picture is on the server, so no problem there...
> mediawiki doesn't create a thumb - anyone here who can help me?

Is it only one image, or all images?

If it's only one image, is it a very large file?
Is it saved as a progressive JPG?
what happens when you visit this URL, do you see an error message?
http://yourwiki.com/w/thumb.php?f=test.jpg&w=200
After doing that, try purging the image page. (edit it and change the
URL from &action=edit to &action=purge , then refresh on that URL)

if you still have problems after all these steps, then I'm stumped. :)

HTH,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/