[Mediawiki-l] Are parser extension functions run serially or in parallel?

Flip Mozart flipmozart at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 06:36:19 UTC 2007

Hi!

I wrote the code below for a custom tag <xdata>.  This tag can appear more than once in the same article.

Suppose the custom tag appears exactly 5 times in an article.  It appears that the renderXdata() function below would be invoked 5 times too.  My question is: Is this function called (executed) serially or in parallel?

If it's run serially, is there a way to run them in parallel?

function wfXdataExtension()
   {
   global $wgParser;
   $wgParser->setHook( "xdata", "renderXdata" );
   }

function renderXdata( $input, $argv, &$parser )
   {
   // Code that does something, such as retrieving data from a database or flat file
   }

Filip