[Mediawiki-l] interwiki transclusion with images - second try

Andreas Rindler arindler at jenandi.com
Wed Jul 25 11:12:38 UTC 2007

On 24/07/07, Rob Church <robchur at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/07/07, Michael Daly <michaeldaly at kayakwiki.org> wrote:
> > IIRC, this will get buggered up if one of the wikis uses image
> > subdirectories and the other does not.  The default assumption is that
> > both use image subdirectories.  (unless this has been fixed since I
> > messed with it a year ago).
>
> Assuming the repository does not have $wgHashedUploadDirectory
> switched on, one would need to set $wgHashedSharedUploadDirectory to
> false in LocalSettings.php.
>
> For remote repositories configured using the $wgForeignFileRepos
> directive, set matching values for the "hashLevels" property of the
> corresponding data structure.
I have been reading up on all the pages mentioned in this thread and
here is what I have tried to configure:

I didn't change anything on A (=public, = http://mike2.openmethodology.org)

I added the following variables to the internal wiki:
$wgSharedUploadPath="http://mike2.openmethodology.org/images/";
$wgUseSharedUploads=true;
$wgHashedSharedUploadDirectory=false; (although by default this was
uncommented in my LocalSettings file)

But I can't get it to work.

We want a similar setup like Wikipedia and Wikimedia. All our free
content is on mike2.openmethodology.org (=Wikimedia) and our internal
wiki can pull any content from the open site. Any article or image on
mike2 can be transcluded from the open site by any wiki that we
specify (otherwise we will get hit with hotlinking)