[Mediawiki-l] Only one edit at a time?

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 11:38:59 UTC 2007

Jack Eapen C wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any provision to lock editing of an article for others while
> one person is editing that article?
>
> i.e. if one person is editing an article, any other person trying to
> edit that article should get a message that it's being edited by another
> user.
>
> Edit conflict feature may be confusing for not-that-techno-savvy users
> :(

No. Take into account that there's no way to know if someone is
currently editing a page (i could press edit and not save, or keep the
edit window open for hours).

However, you can instruct your users to put a template "I'm editing this
page, don't touch" just before doing the big edits (and removing on submit).