[Mediawiki-l] change title tag on main page?

Frederik Dohr fdg001 at gmx.net
Mon Jul 23 21:20:43 UTC 2007

> How do I change the title tag on the main page of my wiki?

This might not be what you're after, but you can remove/hide the title
of the Main Page by adding the following code to either
[[MediaWiki:Common.css]] or [[MediaWiki:Monobook.css]]:

     h1.firstHeading { /* remove Main Page title */
         display: none !important;
     }

Then you can add a level 1 heading with your custom title:

     = Front Page =

You could also #REDIRECT to the page with the desired name (that's not
an optimal solution though).

I believe it's also possible to change the default page from Main Page
to whatever you like - search the list archives; it's been discussed before.

HTH.

-- F.