[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.10.0 -> "You have not specified a validuser name"

Boyd, Josh J.Boyd at bridgeworldwide.com
Mon Jul 23 13:59:34 UTC 2007

Sorry, I'm actually running 1.10.1.

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Boyd, Josh
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 9:38 AM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: [Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.10.0 -> "You have not specified a
validuser name"

I just installed MediaWiki 1.10.0 last week on a new Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
server running Apache 2.0.55, PHP 5.1.6, mySQL
5.0.24a-Debian_9ubuntu2-log.

Everything was working fine last week and this weekend until Sunday,
when it became impossible for any users to login, including WikiSysop.
The following error message comes up:

Login error: You have not specified a valid user name.

This happened to me before on an old box, so I got a new box and did a
new server install on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Josh