[Mediawiki-l] need some help with editing

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Thu Jul 19 20:08:11 UTC 2007

I did search the archives but didn't find anything helpful.  Of course,
I may have gone about that badly, in any case...

I get an error page with the following:

     Method Not Implemented
     POST to /wiki/index.php not supported.

when I try to save or preview the following text during an edit:

     == Modify an existing user name ==
     * ssh to xxxxx.marmot.org     (999.999.999.999)
     * su -
     * vi /etc/passwd     (chg username and home dir)
     * vi /etc/shadow     (chg username)
     * cd /var/spool/mail
     * mv <OLDNAME> <NEWNAME>
     * cd /home
     * mv <OLDNAME> <NEWNAME>
     * vi /etc/groups        (chg group name, if applicable)
     * exit (or ^D)
     * notify appropriate person via phone or prior email.

The problem appears to be related to the forward slash, but the pattern
of what fails and what works isn't consistent.  Sometimes a single slash
causes the problem and sometimes not, but then a second slash causes the
problem again... When I remove this text all is good again.

I'm confused and dismayed...  Can anyone straighten me out on this?

Thanks.
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
email: mailto:steve at marmot.org
voice: +1.970.242.3331 ext 16
   fax: +1.970.245.7854