[Mediawiki-l] Second wiki installation

Sandy Rozhon srozhon at oh.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 18:22:43 UTC 2007

I'm having a bit of a problem with a second Wiki installation.  So
far, I've managed to get the tables created and to log in, however, I
cannot edit or create any pages.  I always get the same message:

"This page has been locked to prevent editing; there are a number of
reasons why this may be so, please see Project:Protected page.
You can view and copy the source of this page: "

I'm logged in as a Bureaucrat and have all the group permissions set
to TRUE, so I don't understand why it won't let me do anything.  My
other installation is working just fine.  Both are v1.6.10.  I've
tried purging the cache but still have the same problem.

I thought maybe the Wiki wasn't seeing me as the Bureaucrat, but it
allows me to edit User Rights, so that can't be it.

What have I missed?

Sandy