[Mediawiki-l] Change page content when edited

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Thu Jul 19 16:05:51 UTC 2007

I don't know what he wants, but for those of us using the
ProtectSection extension, it would be nice if the <protect> tag
didn't show up when it's the very last thing in a section edit.  As
long as it would get put back afterwards!  As it is set up now, an
empty section followed by a protected section gets a textarea with
<protect> near the top.  The natural thing for the user to do is to
click somewhere in the box and add text after the <protect> tag.

I think there are probably better ways to handle this minor problem,
though... I just haven't come up with one yet!

JH