[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki Configuration Wizard !

Emufarmers Sangly emufarmers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 13:42:52 UTC 2007

On 7/19/07, Umair Mehmood <umair_mehmood at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,I am new to MediaWiki and have been looking at the configuration
> help manuals.What it seems is that MediaWiki is relatively a hard wiki to
> configure.As there seems to be no Wizard or Web based pages to do the
> configuration.Am i really missing something or is it just like this ?P.S.
> I would appreciate if you could post down a good helpers manual for initial
> configuration.--RegardsUmair

Have you actually tried installing it?  When you visit /config/index.php
after unpacking the files, there is indeed a setup wizard to guide you
through the installation process.  The wiki autodetects most of the settings
it needs: You just need to give it the information for a database.

--
Arr, ye emus, http://emufarmers.com