[Mediawiki-l] Stating the Free Documentation License regarding wikipedia dumps

Carlos Jorge Andrade carlos.andrade at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 17:05:56 UTC 2007

Hi,

When using the dumps that Wikipedia provides on our own wiki, is
there any policy one should follow to state that the content was
taken from the  Wikipedia dumps ?
Saying in the footer something like... "Some content is from the
Wikipedia dumps and all text is available under the terms of the GNU
Free Documentation License" will sufice  or is there a wikipedia
article that explains what one should do ? Do we have to list the
site/project somewhere ?

Thanks.