[Mediawiki-l] semarbtri help request

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 00:37:20 UTC 2007

I've now created a test site for a semantic MediaWiki that lets you
put the triple (x,R,y) anywhere, not just on page x:

http://semarbtri.kgprog.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

The code is available:

http://semarbtri.kgprog.com/SemArbTri.txt

The syntax for a triple is "[[x::R::y]]" (or just "[[R::y]]" if you're
already on page x).

Broken things I'd like help with:

% When editing an existing page, all the semantic info vanishes. Compare:

http://semarbtri.kgprog.com/wiki/index.php/The_Light_Fantastic
http://semarbtri.kgprog.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Light_Fantastic&action=edit

The first page has semantic info, the second doesn't. My extension
does have a "in edit mode, don't display semantic data" comment + some
supporting code, but commenting out this code doesn't help.

% When editing a new page, semantic info is visible, but unformatted:

http://semarbtri.kgprog.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wizard&action=edit

% If I try to protect against spammers by adding this to LocalSettings.php:

$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;

the semantic info disappears when you're viewing new (non-existent)
pages. I've commented this setting out for now (so I can't give an
example page of where this happens), but I'd like to get this fixed.

% Minor: my code breaks the "nowiki" tag (so the main page says
"((x::R::y))" instead of "[[x::R::y]]" when giving an example)

% Minor: weird empty semantic triple at the bottom of some pages:

http://semarbtri.kgprog.com/wiki/index.php/Troll

(am I doing the MySQL SELECT wrong?)

% These are the "big" errors. There are many smaller errors + lots of
features I want to add.

Any volunteers? No CVS or anything yet (the sf.net page is not
up-to-date), but please send suggestions/code improvements.