[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki Intergration

Tom Freeman tom at existem.com
Fri Jul 13 09:44:01 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'd like to say how impressed I am with the MediaWiki software thus far, it
seems a very comprehensive wiki solution.

Please can someone give me some quick advice, I've searched on the site and
can't find anything to help me.

How can I sync up my existing user registration and login with MediaWiki?

I've studied the database schema and it seems straight forward enough. I can
just insert values into the database directly. Alternatively is there a
class I can use as a wrapper to try and avoid breaking things if the
MediaWiki code changes in the future (presumably the class interface will
remain the same even if the specifics of the user table change for example.)

Also are there any other tables to consider when creating new users
manually.

And finally how can I log the user in via my existing login script. Do I
have to set a cookie or session?

Your help would be appreciated, sorry if this is the wrong list to send to.

Thank you,

Tom