[Mediawiki-l] Skinning Guidelines

Jay Bloodworth jbloodworth at sc.rr.com
Fri Jul 13 01:12:35 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm new to wikimedia and I have a few questions about modifying and
designing skins:

1) Are the interfaces for the Skin/SkinTemplate class families
documented anywhere?

2) Do the Skin interfaces actually provide any facilities for
abstracting page design?  Looking at MonoBook.php, all of the work seems
to be done in the execute method, and it looks like pretty standard
html/php/css - there doesn't seem to be a particular wikimedia code
idiom.

3) Is there perhaps an existing skin with a more transparent design I
might use for study and modification?

Thank you,
Jay