[Mediawiki-l] forms in extension pages and HTMLform.php

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Thu Jul 12 15:46:36 UTC 2007

In making my extensions, there are places where I need user inputs.
I've just been coding these as HTML and outputting them via wgOut-
 >addHTML().  But I see that there is a class called HTMLform.php,
and I was wondering if that is intended to be a general use class for
forms, the way CGI.pm is used in Perl.  It looks like only
SpecialUserrights.php uses it now; SpecialSearch does not.

Are the devs planning to use HTMLform.php for other page types in the
future and extend its usefulness?  Or is it a dead end I should
ignore?  Thanks!
Jim Hu
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics