[Mediawiki-l] Anyone ever built up a custom Namespace search?

Eric K ek79501 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 00:06:48 UTC 2007

I'm trying to build up a set of tags using a parser extension that will produce a textbox and a search button that allows a user to search within a custom pre-defined Namespace. The Inputbox has a bug which doesnt make it work for my NS because it contains the ampersand (&)  character. Also the Inputbox though great produces a checkbox on the output too, which I dont want. More manual coding might enable me to get rid of the checkbox as well do the search.
  Has anyone here done this, i.e. tried to make your own search textbox? I'm guessing it will mean reproducing and manipulating code from SpecialSearch.php for my own extension.
  thanks
  Erik