[Mediawiki-l] proper update procedure

Rindler, Andreas andreas.rindler at bearingpoint.com
Wed Jul 11 07:48:51 UTC 2007

________________________________

From: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org on behalf of Rob Church
Sent: Wed 11/07/2007 08:45
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] proper update procedure

On 11/07/07, Rindler, Andreas <andreas.rindler at bearingpoint.com> wrote:
> When I use Special:Lockdb I get a pemission error:

It's confined to users with the "siteadmin" right, which is no longer
given to anyone by default.

> $wgReadOnly = "The wiki software is currently being updated bla bla bla.";

Setting $wgReadOnly directly is faster and more convenient, most of the time.

Rob Church
========

Is Sysops the same as siteadmin? Because I am a member of the Sysops group. And I can't see a siteadmin group (MW 1.10.0).

-Andi

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.