[Mediawiki-l] Special:Export (max revisions)

Rolf Lampa rolf.lampa at rilnet.com
Sat Jul 7 03:34:11 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I tried to export the article Intelligent Design (all revisions) from
Wikipedia. There's a limitation of max 100 revisions for Special:Export
but the article has much more than those 100 revisions. The problem is
that I'd like to retrieve a list of the LATEST  revisions, but, the
export function returns only the FIRST (100) revisions... :(

I presume that most people would like to retrieve the *latest* revisions
if the number of existing revisions exceed the maximum number allowed
for export.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/XML_export#Exporting_the_full_history

May I suggest that

   1. (default) - the export list would contain the latest revisions
      (current(n)...-100)
   2. (option) - the user could check a check box in order to retrieve
      the earliest revisions (1..100)

In this way one could get up to 200 revisions for a title (with a gap in
the middle though, if there's more than 200 revisions altogether).

Regards,

// Rolf Lampa