[Mediawiki-l] Looking for MW Business Users

Jack Eapen C jackec at suntecgroup.com
Fri Jul 6 04:26:06 UTC 2007

Hi Ryan,

What I actually meant is that these extensions are available in the main
distribution itself instead of people are searching for it, downloading
it, copying files, changing files, etc. (I'm using your LDAP extension,
though I'm yet to experiment with the group synchronization :( )

By UI-based, access control mechanism, I meant not a UI to LDAP; but a
UI for access control within wiki.

I know the basic philosophy of wiki is not to restrict, but be as open
as possible. But still, that won't work always. In Wikipedia, even if
there's error in some article, that won't affect anyone critically. But
in a corporate wiki, the information may critical. E.g. our wiki deals
with configuration information of our s/w for banking and telecom
sector. if wrong information is there and if anyone uses that
information to configure the s/w, that may lead to error or unwanted
results.

Regards,

Jack
"If you can find something everyone agrees on, it's wrong"