[Mediawiki-l] Sidebar on the right

Alexis Moinet alexis.moinet at fpms.ac.be
Thu Jul 5 12:29:17 UTC 2007

Daniel Israel a écrit :
> I seem to remember there being a simple way to move the sidebar to the
> right side of the page, but I can't remember.  If someone knows how to
> set that for the default, please let me know.  Thanks.

basically : in main.css (or [[Mediawiki:Monobook.css]] or [[Mediawiki:Common.css]]), change the following properties

#column-content {
		width: 100%;
		float: left;/*this has the side-effect to put the sidebar on the right side*/
		margin: 0 0 .6em -12.2em;
		padding: 0;
}

#content {
		margin: 2.8em 2em 0 12.2em; /* the "2em" makes a separation between the sidebar and the text area*/
		padding: 0 1em 1.5em 1em;
		position: relative;
		z-index: 2;
}

#p-logo {
		top: 0;
		right: 0;/*right: 0; instead of left: 0; --> puts the logo on the right*/
		position: absolute; /*needed to use z-index */
		z-index: 3;
		height: 155px;
		width: 12em;
		overflow: visible;
}

Then you probably will have to change some borders, margins, etc...