[Mediawiki-l] [SPAM] Re: Monobook modifications: IE issues

Michael Daly michaeldaly at kayakwiki.org
Wed Jul 4 17:57:50 UTC 2007

Frederik Dohr wrote:

> I was afraid that I might have to hack the skin...
> But this looks interesting; I'll give it a try!

I found that the monobook skin relies too much on absolute positioning
to make even minor mods easy.  I completely re-jigged monobook.php to
use relative positioning by just rearranging the order of the various
the adjacent <div>s.

My motivation in this was the fact that the skin has problems with font
size changes initiated by the user thru <ctrl><+> after making a few
minor changes to the skin.

Mike