[Mediawiki-l] Upload Problem, depending on filesize

Florian Pöck f.poeck at kniel.de
Wed Jul 4 13:27:27 UTC 2007

Hello,

i was linked from irc.freenode.org #mediawiki to that list, as
alternative source.

My Problem is:
--------------
* I am unable to upload files > 3000 KB to my wikis (small farm).
Smaller uploads are working as supposed

Informations about the setup:
-----------------------------
* Server-OS:
** Debian Etch

* Wiki-Version:
** mediawiki1.7 (installed via apt)

* Wiki-Changes:
** $wgUploadSizeWarning = 4000 * 1024;
** $wgMaxUploadSize = 1024*1024*100;

* PHP-Changes:
** post_max_size = 16M
** upload_max_filesize = 16M
** memory_limit = 128M

If i try to upload a file > 3000 KB to my wiki it results in the
following error-message:

 >> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried
 >> to allocate 7168001 bytes) in
 >> /usr/share/mediawiki1.7/includes/Sanitizer.php on line 928

The server itself is not that powerful, but according to munin the CPU
has nothing to do. Maybe it could need more RAM, but according to free
the defined swap partition is unused, so i cant imagine that amount of
RAM is really the problem.

So if you have any idea regarding that problem, feel free to help me
out. Thanks for reading that post :D

Best regards
fidel
--
  - Stromversorgungen für industrielle Anwendungen -

    Kniel System-Electronic GmbH
    Postfach 210849 - 76158  Karlsruhe - Deutschland
    Telefon +49 721 95920 - Fax +49 721 9592100
    www.kniel.de
    -
    Geschäftsführer:
    Dipl. Ing. (FH) Helmut Kniel
    Dipl. Ing. (FH) Dieter Bretschneider
    Hannelore Gob
    USt-ID: DE 143 598 834
    registriert beim Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 101538