[Mediawiki-l] Monobook modifications: IE issues

Frederik Dohr fdg001 at gmx.net
Wed Jul 4 12:30:18 UTC 2007

Hello all,

We're having a little trouble with our (minor) CSS modifications of the
default Monobook skin.
The goal is to reduce the page's size to 90% and center it horizontally
(so there's a small margin or gap on each side).

While this works fine in Firefox, we just can't get it to work in IE6;
the sidebar is stuck at the window's left side, and the tabs at the top
are misaligned as well.

Speaking of tabs: There's a tiny (1px) gap between inactive tabs and the
content area in IE (in the default skin, not related to our
modifications), which becomes very visible when changing the page's
background color. Unfortunately, we have not been able to fix this either.

Does anyone have some experience with such issues?
I'd greatly appreciate some tips!

Thanks,

F.