[Mediawiki-l] Problem with custom namespace: Using special characters

Eric K ek79501 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 02:45:57 UTC 2007

Hi Brion, thanks a lot, it worked after the patch and I used the simple "&" now. The NS number showed up correctly in the database and the tab was OK too.
  There's another extension Inputbox, which can be configured to search specific namespaces. It makes a checkbox for a namespace if it finds the namespace exists. When I use NS's with "&" in them, it doesnt show up the checkbox for the NS, indicating it didnt find the namespace.
  It might be a bug with Inputbox, or could it be a bigger bug? I was going to test this by doing a general search from the default Search options, but since the NS pages are new, the search doesnt turn up anything. How can I find out if its a bug with the Inputbox, or if the Search has bugs for the NS?
  The inputbox is using this to get the NS names and work on them:
  $namespaces = $wgContLang->getNamespaces();

  Could it be that this function has not been fixed yet for the '&' ? I checked the GlobalFunctions you updated and that wasnt using this function.
  thanks!