[Mediawiki-l] Loss of session data, Still!

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 2 12:12:24 UTC 2007

Scott E. Thile wrote:
> This is a fresh install of version 1.10.0 running under PHP Version
> 5.1.0RC1, The Server API is listed as CGI, if I am stating that correctly,
> and this is all running on Linux. I'm using a custom php.ini file I can teak
> to override the defaults. If it helps to figure out the issue, here is a
> link to pi.php file to see the environment:
> http://americanpipemakers.info/mediawiki/pi.php

Have you tried upgrading to a stable release of PHP? PHP is buggy at the
best of times, but the release candidates are often badly broken.

I know it's working for you with other applications, but that doesn't mean
it's MediaWiki's fault. There might be something different about the way
we call the session handling functions, which is perfectly valid as
documented but broken in 5.1.0RC1.

-- Tim Starling