No subject

Sun Jan 7 16:43:09 UTC 2007

"After saving, you may have to bypass your browser's cache to see the
changes. Mozilla / Firefox / Safari: hold down Shift while clicking =
Reload,
or press Ctrl-Shift-R (Cmd-Shift-R on Apple Mac); IE: hold Ctrl while
clicking Refresh, or press Ctrl-F5; Konqueror:: simply click the Reload
button, or press F5; Opera users may need to completely clear their =
cache in
Tools=A1=FAPreferences."

Jack D. Pond
CIO, Montgomery County, PA
(610)278-5200
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power." -- Abraham Lincoln(1809-1865)
-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Ian Smith
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:15 AM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Tables in Mediawiki

Alexis Moinet a =A8=A6crit :
>=20
> Dave Sigafoos a =A8=A6crit :
> > In reading the docs on editing=20
> > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Table
> > it shows that there is a 'table' button available.
>=20
> see the source code at :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=3DMediaWiki:Common.js
>=20
> (look for "Insert a table")

Paste the whole section into your own MediaWiki:Common.js, and wait... =
and
cross your fingers!

When I did this, the buttons don't show up straight away -- but after =
trying
a few edits, they eventually appeared.  On my main Wiki, it took even
longer.

I figured out that this is a Firefox cache issue -- sometimes, Firefox
doesn't recognize that ancillary files (like JS, or favicons) need to be
updated.  Use "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Privacy" -> "Private Data" -> =
"Clear
now" to clear your Firefox cache.

Ian