[Mediawiki-l] Lock Down User Pages

Alexis Moinet alexis.moinet at fpms.ac.be
Wed Jan 31 16:44:05 UTC 2007

Bill Taylor a écrit :
> Is there a way to lock down the info on a User Page so that only the user
> can change it?  Anyone wanting to pass a message to the user can put it on
> their Talk page.  I'd like to make the User Page pretty much a Resume / CV
> controlled by the user alone.

<usual disclaimer about using mediawiki for what it was not intended for, whatever it is>

I know that someone is going to scream at me and there are "chances" (certitude) that it's not secure but you can try :

open includes/Title.php --> function userCan($action) {...}

just after : global $wgUser;

insert :

  if ( $action === 'edit' && $this->mNamespace === NS_USER){
	if ($wgUser->getName() === $this->getText()) {
		return true;
	} else {
		return false;
	}