[Mediawiki-l] Keep getting logged out immediately

Henrik Rasmussen her at adm.ku.dk
Tue Jan 30 14:30:02 UTC 2007

I am quite new to PHP server and MediaWiki.

I am running MediaWiki 1.8.2 with PHP 5.2.0 (isapi) and MySQL
4.1.21-community-nt, Microsoft IIS V6.0 on a Windows 2003 server.

When logging in to MediaWiki, I get a confirmation screen saying user
succesfully logged on (in Danish). But even I immediately do anything
like clicking My preferences, I get the message User not logged in. When
I log in clicking Remember me (also translated from Danish) I am able to
see My preferences, but changing my password or other settings to my
Wiki profile, does not get saved to the database.

I imagine that it is something about a session cookie that times out,
but I can't figure out where to change it.

Some Internet pages describes how to preserve or aviod preserving the
session when changing between different MediaWikis on the same host, but
this is not the case here. Also, some pages describes how to change
php.ini, but as far as I can see this is in order.

In php.ini
- the session.cookie_lifetime = 0 which is suppose to be until browser
restart.
- session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440

Where can I change the timeout or is it some kind of other problem with
the setup?

Thanks, Henrik