[Mediawiki-l] Error on emailing password

Dylan Boudreau dylan.boudreau at supportsoft.com
Mon Jan 29 23:15:13 UTC 2007

Hi,
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my problem.

I have MW running on Win 2K3, MySQL,  with IIS and PHP 5.2.0 am getting an error message when a user tries to have their password mailed to them.  It mails fine and they receive the email, there just happens to be an error thrown by the process.

The error message is as follows:
Login error:
Error sending mail: mail() [function.mail]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Halifax' for '-4.0/no DST' instead

I've tried setting the time zone in LocalSettings.php and DefaultSettings.php and in both cases when I set the timezone the wiki fails to load.  Does anyone know where I'd set the time zone to fix this?

I'm not intimately familiar with IIS or W3K but had other reasons for deciding that was the best platform to run this on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dylan

--
Dylan Boudreau
SupportSoft, Inc.

This e-mail message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, you may not use, copy, or disclose to anyone information contained in this
e-mail. If you received this message by mistake, please advise the sender by reply e-mail
and delete this message. Thank you.