[Mediawiki-l] Moving images in transferred wiki

Ken McDonald ken at pixologic.com
Mon Jan 29 18:56:31 UTC 2007

Having moved a wiki from one server to another using mysqldump (thanks
for all the previous help, everyone!), I then moved the images directory
over as well. Unfortunately, none of the images are displaying. This was
a move from a 1.6.3 wiki to a 1.6.9 one, so I diffed the old
LocalConfig.php file against the new one, and the only relevant change
we'd forgotten to include was '$wgFileExtensions = array( 'png', 'gif',
'jpg', 'jpeg', 'zip', 'mov', 'pdf' );', which I then put in to the new
config file. Still didn't work, unfortunately.

So I then tried creating a blank images directory, and using
importImages.php to load all of the images. However, this gives me
mostly 'no such file or directory' errors, presumably because I don't
have the images/0, images/0/00, etc subdirectories in the images
directory. I also get a few errors noting that a give file is already in
the wiki.

Any suggestions as to the best course from here? Any thoughts on what
might have caused the images to fail to display on the initial attempt?

Thanks,
Ken