[Mediawiki-l] Migration from 1.4 to 1.9 !!!

Fernando Carpani - INCO carpani at fing.edu.uy
Mon Jan 29 14:26:45 UTC 2007

Hello.

I need to migrate a private wiki with 1150 pages and a lot of uploaded
files.
This wiki is running over MediaWiki 1.4.5 and I want to go to 1.9.1 ...
(if posible with postgresql)

I  modified a version of the maintenance/Export.php that seems to work
fine in 1.4.5, but this not resolve the migration of uploaded files.
I tried to migrate from 1.4.5 to 1.6.8 following the instructions but,
this method was unsuccesful.

Somebody knows an effective way to do this or have a recomendation?

Thanks.
Fernando Carpani.