[Mediawiki-l] Wrong spanish page titles or ugly urls with non-ascii

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 22:24:56 UTC 2007

On 27/01/07, Luis Zarrabeitia <kyrie at uh.cu> wrote:

> *) Is there a way to make somthing like the Wrongtitle template, that instead of
> showing the "technical restrictions" message, would just render the right page
> title? I'm not afraid of digging into the code if necesary, I just need pointers
> on where to begin.

There are several templates on English Wikipedia that do this job
nicely for browsers with Javascript, and default to
{{wrongtitle}}-like behaviour when the browser doesn't have
Javascript. Of course, like all the really clever templates on en:wp,
it goes several layers of incomprehensible inclusions deep ... See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Wrong_title_templates .

- d.