[Mediawiki-l] Preventing users from editing Talk pages

Vernon Thommeret synotic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 04:10:33 UTC 2007

Is there a way that I can make it so that only admins/sysops can edit
Talk pages? I'm slowly trying to edit the Talk/Discussion/Comments
system so that it works a little more like on a blog. E.g. time
stamps and signatures would be automatic, each comment would be
formatted appropriately, and no one person can edit or change all the
previous comments.

So basically, I want to make it so that if a user tries to access
"User:Somebody&action=edit", it isn't allowed; but if they access
"User:Somebody&action=edit&section=new", it is. Is this possible?

Thanks.