[Mediawiki-l] Wrong time shown in ~~~~ signatures

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 02:15:15 UTC 2007

On 28/01/07, Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen at shikadi.net> wrote:
> I've successfully got a MediaWiki up and running (version 1.8.2) and
> I've set the correct timezone in my user preferences.  All the history
> pages and everything show the correct time, however when I sign a page
> with ~~~~ the time that comes up is an hour ahead of my localtime.

Without additional configuration, the time shown in signatures, etc.
will be in UTC as this is saved into the page content and isn't
processed per-user.

I say "without additional configuration" because there are some
configuration variables which deal with timezone offsets on the server
side, and these will alter various aspects of date/time handling.

Rob Church